When considering music lessons there are some important factors to think about, including necessary checks prior to joining a school of music or seeking a private music tutor. Below are some of the guidelines we recommend that you follow before you decide where to have your lessons.
Always make the necessary checks.
(Be safe, not sorry!)
- Does the teacher have a current CRB/DBS certificate.
- Are they registered as a educational tutor/facility with the local council or education authority.
- Are health and safety measures in place and is there a nominated health and safety officer.
- Does the school/academy have a clear and concise operating policy in place for you to read.
- Does the school/academy have current fire equipment certification.
- Is there access to a First Aid Kit.
- Do the teaching rooms/studios have safety access locks and viewing windows.
We have all the above for your peace of mind.